Sunday, March 08, 2020

I Perform "An Infinite Number of Idiots" on StarShipSofa

Remember when I screwed up and (somehow) sent the producer of StarShipSofa my unedited recording of a story?  Well, that episode has already dropped, with zero fanfare from me (or anyone else), so I guess I better mention it before it's gone.

"An Infinite Number of Idiots" by Robert Jeschonek is told from the point of view of an alien civilization that gets visited by a (pretty recognizable) group of interstellar travelers.  The visitors barge into their lives, make value judgments on their society, interfere with their customs and observances, and their captain relentlessly attempts to seduce the narrator's wife.  It's also a surprisingly dark story, despite how I'm presenting it.

So, HERE'S THE LINK, if you're interested.  If not . . . well, maybe they will ask me again.  I won't bet on it, though.

No comments: