Monday, March 09, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 38

Today was Monday, and I came pretty close to not writing at all.  In fact, I'm sure it's my fewest words in weeks.  But it's not a big deal.

Daylight Savings Time messed me up this morning.  It was overcast when I woke up and I glanced at the clock on the wall.  It said it was before my alarm was to go off, and I remembered there was an hour's difference between what it said and what the new time was, so I thought, Ah, I've got plenty of time, and I went back to sleep.

When I awoke again, it was realizing I had overslept.  The clock on the wall was an hour BEHIND, not ahead.  Isn't it funny how something like that throws your whole rhythm off for the rest of the day, or at least a few hours?  Yet tonight, I put some soup on the stove, then came in here to edit a bit of a podcast (Big and I did a double episode where the first half is on the Rish Outcast and the second half is on That Gets My Goat), and almost immediately fell asleep.  I woke up, five minutes later or fifteen, and found my soup boiling in the kitchen.

I didn't make it to the library, though I did hit the storage unit and you know what that means.  I'll get some words in at my usual spot in the library tomorrow (or I'll go see ONWARD).

I also did very little exercise, compared to the last couple of days.  My phone started playing Hava Nagila, though, so that app continues to be broken.

I recorded a podcast with Marshal, and I sat down and revised "Fatherless Child" a little, getting it ready to publish.  Still no cover art, but I don't much care about that today (last night, I forced myself to do a drawing for the cover of "Who Can It Be Now?" before I would let myself go to sleep, and tonight I scanned it into the computer, but it looks like what it is: a pencil sketch by an amateur artist that only barely shows up on the scan, despite me doing it four or five times with different resolution).

I'm not sure whether this one's a good story at all, but I like the "Dead & Breakfast" stories and characters enough to keep writing them, whether they turn out great or now.  I also started formatting "Three-Time Visitor," but it's thrice the length of "Fatherless," so it'll take more time.

So, I think that'll be the first thing I publish in this month of publishing (I haven't decided whether to add a little author's note or not), and that's not a complete loss, even though my word count today is pretty unimpressive.

Words Today: 227
Words Total: 12,721

P.S. I did an image search for "Fatherless Child" just now, hoping--rather crazily--that that somehow the cover art for my story from a year from now would magically be there.  It wasn't.

No comments: