Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March Sweeps - Day 39


Today marked Big's fiftieth day in a row of sobriety. Except he was clearly slurring his speech when he told me that. Maybe it was his fiftieth day in a row of writing. And that's good too.

I guess tomorrow would be my fortieth day, if I make it that far.

I did alright today. I went back to my story "Who You Gonna Call?" and wrote one additional scene. I think it's officially done now.

I also added "Fisher & Florence" as a coda to the published (text) version of "A Mark on the Sky."

I took my nephew to see ONWARD today after school. I thought it was great. I cried a good deal of nice catharsis tears. And to think, it opened lower than the only unarguably bad Pixar movie, THE GOOD DINOSAUR. I guess I need to grow up and remind myself that just because a movie does well or poorly at the box office doesn't mean it's necessarily good or not-so-good. After all, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is the lowest-grossing of the Star Wars films.*

I'm going to edit audio for a few minutes now, instead of writing a significant blogpost. Tonight I also plan on finishing recording a podcast about being an extra last week (I ran out of space on the recorder and just had to postpone the rest until I went out again). Some days are shorter than others.

Words Today: 1150
Words Total: 13,871


*Of course you don't believe me (douche), so I looked it up. EMPIRE's domestic total was $209,398,025. SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY's was $213,767,512.

No comments: