Tuesday, March 03, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 32...The End?


So, I went to the library as soon as I was done with my work, and got started on my screenplay, trying to turn my story "The Comics Trip" into a workable script.

Mostly, it just consisted of translating from one medium to another, and trying to convey through dialogue what I had several sentences describing in prose.

The problem is, how do I count that as writing?  I worked for over an hour on it, and what do I do with word count?  I can't just take the new writing and subtract the word count from the prose story from it, because we'd be at a negative number.  IE, translating--

    Han wasn't as quick on the draw as he'd once been, but once the blaster was drawn, his aim was as good as it had ever been.  Plus, the years had given him a sense of calm that young people didn't have--in the dozens of firefights he'd had over the years, he'd never been shot in the face.  That tended to make one confident.

to

Han draws his blaster, slower than his opponents, who get in a shot that goes right above his head.  Han's return shot, however, goes exactly where he wants it to go, downing one of the pirates.

                         SOLO
         Ya see, kids, I may be slow in my old age...
         but my aim just keeps getting better.


He shoots the other pirate right in the chest.  Leaving their exit open.

Chewbacca GROWLS a criticism at him.

                        SOLO   
         Well, maybe it was for your benefit.          
         You ever consider that?

Anyhoo, I don't know what I'm going to put down for today, but it sure as heck ain't gonna be zero.  I talked it over with my other personalities, and they convinced me that adapting a story into another medium is still writing, so I'm just going to count the words of the script I wrote today.

We'll see if I will still be able to sleep at night.

Words Today: 1366
Words In March: 3978

No comments: