Sunday, March 01, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 30?

To my surprise, Big Anklevich called me today (I had considered yesterday going through my phone, to count exactly how many times I called him in the month of February . . . and then thought better of it, realizing that, if it was as few as 25 or as high as 75, it would seem just as sad to any of you), to ask what I was going to do for March.  Would I write every day?  Or would I strip off my clothes and roll around in the new-fallen snow?

I still haven't decided.

So, even though it's snowy today, I thought I'd go for a run.  And this app that I keep complaining about?  Even though I had done absolutely no exercise the whole day, I put on my headphones and started down the stairs to do my thing, and as I was putting on the first shoe, my phone exclaimed, "Mazel tov!"  And the text came up, "Congratulations on making your goal!"

I hadn't done anything but go down the stairs.

And I worry that's all I'll accomplish today.  Big texted me about eight o'clock to let me know he'd gotten his thousand words in.  And I have zero.

Maybe it's over.  It's weird how, as soon as February turned into March, the pressure was off.  I don't know if I even WANT to write today.

Well, I really need to sit down and write my script for my paid gig today or tomorrow.  That's something I could get words in on.  Hmmm.

Okay, let me do that for, I dunno, fifteen minutes.

I also sat down and recorded one (thoroughly mediocre) chapter in my audiobook.  That got me 42 words.  I was going to go to sleep, but I remembered a story idea I came up with on Friday or Saturday during my run, about some paranormal investigators coming to the Noble Oaks Bed & Breakfast to see what they can find, but they happen to come on a day other than the second of July, so I wrote a brief first scene.

It was enough to get me past a thousand words, though, so I guess I didn't fail after all.  Yet.

Words Today: 1082
Words in March: 1082

No comments: