Friday, September 25, 2020

September Sweeps - Day 237

Dang, there were two things I wanted to relate to you in yesterday's blog post, but I was too tired to get to them.  Well, I'll share one tonight, and another in a couple of days (it includes an audio portion).

So, time travel is real, apparently.

So, I knew I was close to finishing the book I got from the library, but I didn't have time to head over there and grab a second one (I have one I keep in my suitcase, in case of "emergencies," but I've never cracked it), so I looked at the big stack of David Gemmell books I bought recently (when it seemed like we were going on lockdown a few months back), and decided to grab one at random.  The cover was not familiar, nor was the title, but I read the description on the back just in case.  Didn't ring a bell.

After I finished my library book, I grabbed the paperback and sat down to read it.  I read the Introduction, which seemed familiar, but hey, a lot of Gemmell's books take place in a medieval age in nations that no longer exist.  Then I went on to the first chapter.  Halfway down the page, I was suddenly transported to a film set just a few years ago, where I was an extra.  We were shooting in a tourist attraction made up to look like pioneer days, and I was playing a settler in the 1840s (they had requested men with beards, and then asked us with beards for volunteers to shave their facial hair into an Abraham Lincoln/Brigham Young style...and I was literally the only one to volunteer).

Even though it was September 2020, I found myself sitting on the stairs of one of the museum buildings, reading a book, waiting for the cameras to turn around and them to need me . . . and it was this book.  I could see my clothes, see the people around me, and then, I was back at the cabin, realizing I had indeed read that book, not so long ago. 

Amazing, that.

(this may be my last extant picture from that day)

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In September: 3806

Push-ups Today: 48
Push-ups In September: 948

I got asked to narrate a story on StarShipSofa again this week.  I tried to record it, but fell asleep multiple times.  The whole reading should be about twenty-five minutes, but it took me thirty-eight to record the first half.  Editing it should be "fun."

Words Today: 940
Words In September: 25,744

No comments: