Monday, September 14, 2020

September Sweeps - Day 226

It's Monday, and even though those are usually my busiest days, I was done with work by lunchtime (this should be good, but it means I will have less money coming my way--though next Monday should be a big one)

Okay, so I took my nephew to his flag football game tonight, and instead of going to the store (which I had planned to do), I acted responsibly and sat down with my laptop to do my daily writing then and there.  Unfortunately, the computer didn't want to turn back on, and when I restarted it, I lost all of last night's writing (yeah, this shite still goes on, about once a month).  Luckily, I had a backup of everything I wrote yesterday, when I had pasted it into WordCounter to, gee, count the words, so I was able to reconstruct last night's . . . "work," even though it took time away from me actually writing.

But then I went to town, writing the final unwritten scene in the story, which . . . well, let me be honest (we're all friends here) was pretty weak and anticlimactic.  Heck, the story itself might not be all that good.

But it is done.  Another finished story.  So there.*

After that, I edited the last "Twilight Groan" episode my niece and I recorded, and when I got to the bit at the end, where she took my picking-up-a-hitchhiker story super seriously, well, it made the whole thing worth it.  If it's the last episode of that podcast, we're going out on a good one.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In September: 1862

Push-ups Today: 38
Push-ups In September: 475

Words Today: 724
Words In September: 15,955
 

*I looked it over just now (it still needs formatting, and I suspect there's a bit that is still in the present tense and all-caps toward the end), but it sits just over twenty-five thousand words.  That's not bad, considering it's only been a month and a day since the night I got the idea for it.

No comments: