Monday, September 21, 2020

September Sweeps - Day 233


Today is Monday, and I usually work quite a bit those days.  It's like my Black Friday, only neither.

But now it's 6:05, and I have no excuses.  I haven't written or exercised, and I may not even have farted today.  Scary, isn't it?

Yesterday I complained (as I always do) about one day needing to do cover art for my next audiobook.

Well, I went ahead and did a little mock-up cover for "My Friend," which I recognize is not great, but is what I've got in mind.  If I could figure out a way to do it, I might do an E.T. parody, where a child's hand is reaching for the closet, and a boogeyman hand is reaching for the hand.  You know what I mean?

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In September: 3073

Push-ups Today: 44
Push-ups In September: 762

I left my writing to the end of the day, as--well, not as usual, but as is often the case.  The story should have been finished by now (in February, I'd have had it done in a week), but I'm at the three-quarters mark, so I'm not too badly off.  I was typing up a bit where there's an argument as to whether the Devil (with a capital D) is real or not.  I thought it would be a fun exercise to see if I could have the discussion without using that particular D-word.  When I got through with that bit, I dropped my words into WordCounter to see how I was doing.

And holy pee, I was at 666 words exactly.*

I thought that was a big enough deal that, even though I had planned to move on, I decided to quit for the day, and do my push-ups instead, which I often--but not always--leave till the very last thing.

A more superstitious person would probably write another sentence, just to take the curse off of it, but I'm a sucker for repeating numbers.

Words Today: 666
Words In September: 22,299

*This is 100% true.  Just DO NOT tell my Uncle Len.




No comments: