Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September Sweeps - Day 234

Nothing today so far.  Not a sausage.

I had work to do, only some of which I finished, but I'm not currently planning to go to the cabin tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time to get caught up.  Also, I keep thinking of bugging Renee to record with me, but I only think about it when it's too late or on a day that's impossible.  Thing is, she'd probably drop everything and give me an hour or so, any day I asked her to, but I just don't want to be That Guy.

You know what I mean?

Sit-ups Today: 200
Sit-ups Total: 3273

Push-ups Today: 45
Push-ups In September: 807

I know I say this every week, but Tuesdays are when I go up to my cousin's and watch "Star Trek" or "Seinfeld" or a movie with him.  A lot of times I am tired and fall asleep during something, after which he always asks, "Do you sleep, Chima?"  Sometimes I say, "Nope," but usually I have to admit that I did.  Then he will tell me it's time to go home.  In anticipation of this, I've been drinking energy drinks on Tuesday afternoons or evenings, and that usually does the trick, but this week I had forgotten, and didn't get one in me until about ten-fifteen or ten-thirty.

What that meant was that I fell asleep early on, but once the caffeine hit, I became wide awake, insisting we re-watch the "Seinfeld" bits I had slept through, and going on to another episode after that.  Then I wanted to chat with him, despite him wanting to go to bed (it was past two by this point).  Then I drove home, but not sleepily, not having to play Only Nines and Tens.

When I got home, I got a little bit of work done, and, still not tired, decided to pound out a few more words, just so it wasn't as pathetic as the day before.  To my surprise, I stayed up writing until I reached "the end."  I finished another story, and it only took me until four-thirty or so to do it.

Not bad . . . until tomorrow.

Words Today: 1305
Words In September: 23,604


No comments: