Monday, December 28, 2020

December Sweeps - Day 331

Today's a special day--the 28th of December--and I commemorated it in my Dead & Breakfast story "The Last Friday in December."  It's the date that a ghost told Mason Bradley that he would have the chance to save the life of someone if he was prepared, and I just realized that I've never shared that story with anyone, so there's really no point in mentioning it now.

I should've planned ahead.

Let me start again.

So, today is somebody's birthday, and hey, it's all for you, Damien.  Look at me!*


Oh, and I first mentioned the 28th of December in "Three Time Visitor," which you have read.  Haven't you?

Mondays tend to be my busiest day as far as work goes, and you know, I'm kind of grateful about that.  You'd think the first Monday after Christmas would be as dead as my sex life, but no, it was just a regular Monday, and that's nice.

I went to the library briefly, and hey, the Men's restroom was open for business!  I also wrote a bit on my Lara and the Witch Christmas story (which I was going to ask for title suggestions for, but I forgot).  I got to Christmas Eve, when Lara is going to give Holcomb her gift, when of course, the library started flashing their lights and telling people to get the eff out.  I wish I were a tougher person--say, somebody who does thousands of push-ups and sit-ups every month--because I would have finished that damned story by now--written the whole thing in Christmas week, even.

Although, now that I think about it, what's the rush, Hush?  I can't present it on the Outcast for a whole year, and if I published it in January, the only person who would buy it would be . . . well, nobody.  Oh, and I'd have to do a cover for it, so yeah, it's better that I haven't finished it yet.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 3132

2020 has been a banner year in the Bender household, and as I did my nightly run (the full one tonight again, despite the temperature outside), I reflected on just how much writing I got done, and contemplated, as I rush to put out my audio collection (with Copyright 2019 still on it), that I could put out a full one just with stuff written this year in it.  I think a lot about writing and publishing when I run, and I'd really just like to press Pause on the world and get a couple more of these collections out there.  But I can't do that.  I haven't even started on either my New Year's Rish Outcast or my January Patreon address, and I really ought to get on those instead of checking Instagram six or seven more times.

But one day, when I am either dead or moved on to other obsessions, and I no longer write, exercise, or pee daily, I'll look back on this time, and either chuckle, feel embarrassment and disgust, or feel nothing because, you know, I'm dead.

Words Today: 1384
Words In December: 26,092

*Originally, I was going to post an animated gif of Jack Palance's daughter hanging herself, but I changed my mind at the last second.

No comments: