Thursday, December 31, 2020

December Sweeps - Day 334

It's the last day of the month, and the last day of the year.  And the last day that I can put 3__ and the day of the month, which has been easy these last four weeks.

I am at the library now, having gotten here more than an hour before it closes (it closes early today, for the holiday, and is closed tomorrow).  So, my goal is to finish my "Lara and the Witch" holiday story, and if I have time after that, to think up a title for it.*

I could do it, if I focused.  I really only need to write what gift Holcomb gives Lara for Christmas, and what she does with it, and then there's a short coda after that.  Shouldn't even take an hour.


How much do I suck?  Instead of writing, I looked at all the Twitter comments on some paparazzi pics of Ben Affleck trying to pick up a package while holding Duncan Donuts and coffees.  Everybody had something to say about it, which really blows my mind.


I, as you may or may not know, love Ben Affleck.  I used to get paid to sit in the audience for the Craig Kilborn show in Los Angeles, but there were two times that I went there to watch the taping for free (the guests were Affleck and Bill Shatner, by the way).

If you hate him, that's fine (we all hate somebody that the rest of the world thinks is so darn cool), but I'm a fan, and feel for him when I see pictures like this one:


Well, I went back to the story and got to the end of it as fast as I could.  It's around 7500 words right now, and will need a little bit of work (probably end up around 8500 or so), but I finished it, and that always feels good.  I'll try to put it out in time for next Christmas, and even inserted a reference to it in the third story, "Bundle," which will take a great deal more work (there seems to be two or three sections of the story missing, and one of the main characters, Scott, has a blank line for his last name, over and over and over again).

Words Today: 1399 (I even wrote a bit more at the end of the night, just for kicks)
Words In December: 30,273

Back in the days when I was competing with Big about his crazy goal of a thousand words a day, this would have been just short of success, but since I'm only competing with me, it's pretty great.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 3482

My uncle said he could tell I had been doing push-ups, by the way my arms look since the last time he saw me.  He then did that thing that Terry Crews always does where he undulates his pectoral muscles and it looks weird A.F.  Oh, and of course John wanted to know how many I could do in a row.  He's gone back down to two hundred at a time, apparently, the big wuss.  

*There is absolutely no chance of that happening, though, so I'll put that title as a goal for January.

No comments: