Thursday, December 24, 2020

December Sweeps - Day 327


It's 11:19am on Christmas Eve, and I haven't gotten up yet.

Oh wait, I showered and brushed my teeth.  But here I am in bed again, surfing ye olde internet.  My laptop restarted during the night, and for once . . . I didn't lose any audio files or the open text file I was working on.  After what happened last week (losing all of my library writing, but in a different way than I lost it the week before), I have programmed myself to save my text file before I shut down my system EVERY time I go to the library.  

So, no reason to gripe today.

I want to thank you for reading my blog over this past year.  It has not been easy to blog every single day since January 31st, but it has been pretty fun.  One day, I'll stop, and I'll always have a record of The Worst Year Of All.  I appreciate you if you've been on this journey with me, even though I can get sad, I can feel sorry for myself, and I can get repetitive (how many times have I written "I don't want to write today" or "I had a real hard time writing today?" this year?).

Well, I'm going to get up now and see what work there is to be done.

And bam!  The day is done.  I guess I did some editing, I did my run, I did some sit-ups, I ran over to the storage unit to grab my nephew's present (it's a Mandalorian costume), I spoke to Big Anklevich (twice), who is stuck at work, the only editor over the holidays, in what is certainly a lonely few shifts down in Houston.*

I finished editing another "Delusions of Grandeur" episode, but before I can get to work on the next one (we've fallen behind, mostly because I insist on editing everything myself, and I'm not that fast), Marshal is going to try to re-record his half of it . . . because the poor guy lost all the audio.  Believe me, brother, I've been there.

So, I started editing the audio of "Three Time Visitor," one of the Dead & Breakfast stories.  I don't really know why I grabbed that one, since I'm not going to release a two hour audiobook, but there will eventually be something like "Dead & Breakfast Volume One" which includes The Night Clerk, Touching the Other Side, The Old Man and Me, Fatherless Child, Three Time Visitor, Never Let Him Go, and Suckers For Mystery.  And maybe Meet the New Clerk, Same As The Old Clerk and The Last Friday In December, depending on how long that all is.  Oh, and I ought to put True Ghost Encounter in there somewhere too.

If you'd like to read "Three Time Visitor," it's available at THIS LINK.

Push-ups Today: 112
Push-up Bra: 2572

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 2710

Words: oh boy . . . 327 (and only because I squeezed two sentences out late, late at night)
Words In December: 23,129

*He said there was another coworker there with him, but once he went home, he was alone enough he didn't have to wear his mask anymore . . . or his pants.

No comments: