Monday, December 21, 2020

December Sweeps - Day 324

I ran over to the library, after the sun had started to set.  I had four things I needed to get done, and now that I'm here, with an hour to write before it closes, I want to surf the internet and blog.

But I'm stronger than that, if only by a little.  I'm going to write 300 words before I allow myself to blog even one more.

I made it twenty-six words before I came back to my blog.  Ugh.

Okay, I put my head down and got to 502 words.  Now I can get on here and say what was so darn important--

And I've forgotten what it was.  Shoot.

Since I've started blogging every day, I often make note of something and think, "Oh, I ought to mention that in my blog."  Like today, in line at FedEx, there was a guy ahead of me who was picking up a package, and he started telling the lady behind the counter what was in it--presumably so she would know which box to look for, but surely they have names on them, right?--and I thought about how amusing it would be if he started to tell the whole story of the package, while the rest of us were in line, listening to stuff we had no business knowing.

"So, I got gored in the scrotum by a Brahma bull, and I hadn't been able to give my wife the pleasure she's legally entitled to, but I read in a magazine about this device that can be worn by a man, sort of like an athletic cup, but with various attachments you can swap out, like bits on a drill.  There was a regular version, and then the deluxe, with vibration, self-lubrication, and a built-in fan.  And I figured, My Janice hasn't O-ed since the Fourth of July, I'll go ahead and splurge on the premium model.  It includes this unique attachment with two prongs you can't get anywhere else--"  And the woman behind the counter says, "Sir, sir, keep your voice down, please.  And why didn't you just orally pleasure your wife?"  And the man shudders and says, "That's disgusting, lady!  What do you think we are, some kind of deviants?"

Well, that's what I THOUGHT about putting in my blog while I was standing in like at FedEx.  But I wisely reconsidered once I sat down and thought about it.

You're welcome.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 2360

The only angle I could see the sunset from.

Right before the library closed, I focused, as hard as I was able to, on writing my little Outpost-apocalyptic story, which is a fantastic title I just came up with just now.  I need to write down on a piece of paper the total number of people living on Outpost 3 (let's say, 2000), so I can start winnowing it down--when the disease first strikes, maybe 1000 die, then from disasters and lack of safety supervision, we'll lose another 500.  The fun after that will be what happens to the rest (maybe half go to Module C and half to Module B, depending on whether they want to follow Flagg or Mother Abigail, right?).

There is, if I had to give Vegas odds, only a 32% chance that I will actually finish this story, but I'm aiming to reach a certain storypoint, and when I do, I will allow myself to give up the project like I brown underwear stain . . . but not before!

Words Today: 1502
Words In December: 19,605

No comments: