Sunday, December 20, 2020

December Sweeps - Day 323

I went to Ross today and talked to the same Lost Prevention guy I talked to last week (they opened at seven am last week and I asked if anybody was actually there at seven.  He said, "Aw, hell no, Big Anklevich!" which I appreciated*).  He and I are going to start exchanging Christmas cards (I did wish him a happy Christmas, as I left).

I saw a pink and white sweater on the rack that said "Live Your Best Life" on it, above a group of dancing skeletons.  It sort of baffled me, and I honestly considered buying it (if not for my niece, for myself).  I've never been cool, and I'm certainly not cool enough to rock a Womens Large pink sweatshirt.


I wonder, though.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 2260

Push-up Today: 110
Push-ups In December: 2070

Tonight was the first night in a week that I went on my full 1.6 mile run.  I did go out a couple nights last week, one time doing a single mile, and the other time (it being in the low twenties outside) just four blocks, but this one was easy enough, and it was above freezing so there was no chance of hitting any ice.

Words Today: 585
Words In December: 18,103
 

*Today they opened at six.  I asked him if he was there at six, and he said "I got here at five-thirty."  Then I asked him if anybody showed up at six.  He said, "About eight o'clock, we got our first customer in."  That didn't explain why the store was STILL beat to shit, but that's how Ross always looks, and maybe the security guards don't help restock shelves.

No comments: