Friday, December 04, 2020

December Sweeps - Day 307


First things first: I went to the library today, trying to get some words written before my Coronavirus test, and before I'd go to my cousin's house for "Mandalorian" and "Seinfeld."  I went on their computers and finished the story I started yesterday, based on the Broken Mirror Prompt (When the smoke cleared, what was left?).  And it was no good, but I didn't care--it was writing.

Words Today: 1319
Words In December: 2404

Roger, no!

So, you may have wondered why I have posted a picture of Roger from DAWN OF THE DEAD each day this week.  No?

Well, it's because of that comparison I made yesterday.

Today, well . . .

My sister (and Abigail Hilton) both encouraged me to go and get a COVID test, just for peace of mind, and I did so.  The nostril swab thing was even less pleasant than I was warned it would be--I coughed and sneezed several times, my eyes leaking tears, and before those tears were dry, the results were placed before me: I had tested positive.

I took the news surprisingly badly.  

I felt like I had done something wrong, like I had let my family down, and that I was on the losing team playing "Never Have I Ever."

I have the disease.  Yesterday in America, there were 205,557 new cases--an all-time record (eclipsing the previous record, which was the day before), so I'm not alone.  But still.

All men betray, all men lose heart.  But I don't want to lose heart!  I want to believe . . . as Wallace believes.

I had two options, upon getting home: going to my room and collapsing in despair (which is, thankfully, still an option), or beginning my exercise early, and seeing if I could show the sickness that I wouldn't let it beat me.  So I went on my first run of December.

And it was really, really cold.

But I made it.  Not that that means I'm not a plague carrier and all that goes with it.

I had three cousins who got the disease, and I didn't think any less of them.  

(I made this for a video last year, but it applies here)

I stayed up pretty late (well, it's 4:14am when I'm typing this, so I'd consider that late), and tried to function normally, but what is normal?

Sit-ups Today: 167
Sit-ups In December: 458

Push-ups Today: 102
Push-ups In December: 203

1 comment:

BeastVigilante said...

Bummer. Hope you shake it easily and don't get any nasty acute symptoms. It may be hard but try not to lick public doorknobs.