Thursday, October 21, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 628

I'm blogging instead of doing anything remotely productive right now.

I don't know how this happened, exactly (I think I was looking for an old blog post with a picture of Spider-man in it, but I've forgotten, since it happened ten minutes ago), but I came across this post from last year, when I sat down and wrote a story called "Message To My Girl."  I remembered that, as well as what the story was about, and wondered if I counted it in my list of stories written in 2020 (I had).

I was curious how long the story was, to see if I could run it on the show . . . and I couldn't find it.  

It was another one of those pieces that just slipped through the cracks somehow.

Well, I spent a few minutes checking my emails, and I did find it (in an email sent to myself on August 7th), posted into the body of an unread email.  Makes me wonder how many more like that are out there.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 2183

Both of my nephews who are in school failed to go to school today (one has a headache and one has been throwing up), and yet I feel I have been less productive than they have today (they're both watching TV).

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In Octobre: 2513

Well, whether you consider this productive or not, I did track down the story, transfer it to my Dropbox, and recorded it in audio.  At the very least, it's another story to put in one of those collections that will never come out.  At the most, I guess I have an episode for next February.

Words Today: 332
Words In Octubre: 12,368

No comments: