Sunday, October 10, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 617

I got very close to finishing my reading of "Underdecorated" today.  One more session is all it will take.  As often happens with these things, I was a bit disappointed that certain parts didn't work as well on paper as they did in my mind, but I was also pleased that I answered the question of just what was going on with the townsfolk, instead of leaving it sort of nebulous at the end.

I hope other people like the story too.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 1073

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In October: 1256

And speaking of "Underdecorated," I went to the dollar store again, looking for some kind of cheap decoration I could buy and tear in half for the cover art.  Nobody sells the old green and white plastic skeletons I've been looking for for a month, but I found a "Happy Halloween" sign, went ahead and bought it, and tried to tear it in half when I got it home.

I couldn't tear it.  It wasn't made of paper or cardboard, but some kind of plastic.  So, I just took a box cutter and sliced it in half.  I hope the art looks properly torn in two.

Words Today: 593
Words In October: 7107

P.S. One last thing: I did a search for "skeleton decoration" to stick on the top of this post, and the auto-fill (you know, that helpful thing the internet does where it tries to predict what you're going to say so you don't have to type it out) suggested "Sheldon the Wonder Schlong."  Thanks, internet . . . you truly are a friend of mine.

No comments: