Thursday, October 28, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 635

Another day is upon us.  I woke up early, and recorded a podcast as the day lightened, and felt alright about it.  We'll see in January when I put these up, if anybody cares.*

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 2927

This has been, probably, my best week of the year for writing.  It's also the week of Halloween, so that's pretty great.  I finished writing "There'll Be Scary Ghost Stories," then sat down and wrote a story I had tentatively titled "Walk of Death" over two days, and here I am, having started a new one, which I thought I'd called "The Dark Gift," but now I'm not so sure.

This is what came up when I looked up "dark gift."  Pretty cool, Mr. Name.

I started with the title, and tried to figure out what that could mean.  Then I just started a story, set in the Pickle Days carnival of some stories from yesteryear.  If I can figure out where it's going, I could finish it today.  Unless, that is, where it's going is a much bigger story.

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In Octobre: 3335

A moment ago, my cellphone buzzed.  I looked over, and somehow, I had gotten a text from my niece, despite there not being any service up here.  This happened once or twice last summer, and I could never quite explain it.  It's even stranger today, when I know I'm the only person up here.  I didn't hear another soul or vehicle the whole time I've been here, and I checked the road this morning, and there are no other tire tracks except mine.

Did I mention that yesterday, that I had the only tracks in the snowy road, which told me I was the only person up here?

I recorded a story for an episode (and another that I probably won't use), took a fun nap where I covered myself completely in blankets yet still managed to breathe somehow, and wow, now it's nearly time to start packing up again.

Words Today: 423
Words In Octubre: 20,982

*And really, what if they don't?  What if it's only me?  Kinda scary, that thought.  But hey, if it's only one person who cares, that's something.  A person is something.  You are something.  Come to think of it, so am I.

No comments: