Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 626

So, today was the last day I had to hang out with Jeff before he left for Germany once again.  This was the longest he's ever stayed on one of his visits (he was paying for it out of his own pocket, he told me, so he was going to milk it as much as possible*), but even so, the whole visit seemed like a blur to him, and was over all too quickly.  He doesn't know when he'll be coming back, but he showed me the notebook he carries around with him (it has lists of books to pick up when he finds them, among other things, maybe even story ideas, I dunno), where he had drawn a calendar of the time he has left in Germany before he'll be able to retire.  He's been crossing out the days, even though it's going to be 2024 at the soonest before he's done.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 1972

I did what I could to spend as much time as I could with him, but I do have some responsibilities and obligations.  Stuff like exercising every single day is actually pretty easy, since it takes, what, five minutes to do a few sit-ups and push-ups.  But writing is harder, and finally, I had to tell him this would be our last episode of "Supernatural" (I think we watched five), so I could get home and perch in front of my laptop for a few minutes.

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In Octobre: 2288

Words Today: 772
Words In Octubre: 11,625

*And even then, his employer kept calling him at five or six in the morning with problems for him to fix, since he's really the only one qualified to fix them at his job.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

Dang, you guys only watched five episodes of "Supernatural"? It's like you weren't even trying! Do better, Rish Outfield. Do better.