Sunday, October 31, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 638


It’s Halloween, my favorite day of the year.  Because it falls on a Sunday, there’s something less special about it (at least around here*), though many in the family are getting together for Sunday dinner, where my brother-in-law is barbecuing ribs.

My niece and her boyfriend arrived in costume, but no one else thought to.  I’ve always been a little delighted about the idea of amusing couples’ costumes, and they chose to go as Jesus (him) and the Devil (her).  I worried, somewhat, that my mom would be offended by this, but the only person who complained was my sister, who doesn’t like the guy who took her daughter away from her.


Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 3249

I had considered going on another hike (the same one I did last Monday), but I didn’t make it.  There were activities with people around, and at one point, my sister’s family all got in their costumes again to take pictures, and then most of them went out trick or treating, even though that had happened the night before.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In Octobre: 3646

Last month, I recorded an episode about the death of my uncle, and I edited it on Thursday, but felt like I needed to put something in there, besides just my thoughts about the man and a bit about his funeral.  So I got it into my head to write a short little fiction piece to go at the end of the episode.  

I sat down to write it, basically a follow-up to the story I wrote for (and about) my uncle, “Who Can It Be Now?”  But it too got away from me.  I got a thousand words into it, but it was only about a third of the way done.  But ah well, I don’t imagine people will complain, even if it ends up being three thousand words long.

I need to get to it, as I’m planning to hit the cabin one last time this week, and it would be nice to have stuff to edit (assuming the sound works on the machine, that is).

Words Today: 471
Words In Octubre: 21,798

No comments: