Saturday, April 10, 2021

April Sweeps - Day 434


Rap star DMX died today.  I'm not a Rap fan, so I shouldn't care.  But he had an album called "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot" that would make me smile whenever I saw it while working at music stores between 1995 and 1999.  Such a cool title.

You know, I would rather do sit-ups, 150 push-ups, and run 1.6 miles than blog today.  How are you doing?

So, allergy season is upon us.  I awoke looking like this:

Which, granted, is only 3% worse than I normally look, but still.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In April: 1000

Eventually, I did take an allergy pill, and when I woke up, it was too late to go to the library (which I think I've done every Saturday this year).  So I grabbed my laptop and went to the park instead.  I spread out a blanket and sat by the stream, in the shade of a much-beblossomed tree, like I did a few times last year (this was the first time in 2021 I've done that, though).

I wrote a scene with a gay character in it, which isn't typical for me, and I have to wonder if I would've made this character gay if I hadn't been watching so much "Modern Family."  I certainly wouldn't have made reference to that show, like I did today.  But it reminds me of that thing I told you the other day, about how one of my Facebook friends vowed to never write another story, book, or dirty limerick without having LGBTQ representation in it.  You remember that, right?  And how I said, that I vowed--just as fervently--never to write another story, novella, or children's coloring book without making reference to breasts, no?

Well, it occurred to me that I haven't done any boob work in this current story.  That I can think of.

I did one of those word searches, and didn't find any.  I wonder if it counts if I just change Miss Andrews's name to Mrs. Juggs.  

(NOT the first result that came up on an image search)

You ever been part of one of those diets that makes you write down everything that you eat all day?  Well, today I ate so much that were I to list everything I ate, from the apple to the sugar cookie, this blog entry would qualify as a novella.  

Push-ups Today: 157
Push-ups In April: 1057

While I was cooking dinner, my nephews were watching a "Friends" marathon on TV tonight, and they didn't cut out the opening titles (still cut out the end credits completely, and part of the theme song), so I ended up joining them after a while.  These were Season Six episodes, with a fat Chandler, and when we got to the episodes where Chandler wants to propose to Monica but to keep it a secret he makes her think he doesn't want to get married and Richard comes back and he DOES want to get married, my thirteen year old nephew started to get bored.  I know this because he announced that he was bored, and so when Monica proposes to Chandler instead, he announced that he was going to bed, perhaps missing that I was crying like a very little girl.

Words Today: 875
Words In April: 6222

No comments: