Friday, December 12, 2008

Top Five Jim Carrey Movies

You know, I've learned to dislike Jim Carrey lately, and I'm not really sure why. His new film YES MAN opens next week, and even though I think it looks terrible, I thought I'd stay positive, and ask everybody's Top Five Jim Carrey movies. If all goes well, I'll ask for least favourites next week (especially if YES MAN is bad).

My list:
1. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
2. THE MASK
3. LIAR LIAR
4. DUMB & DUMBER
5. THE TRUMAN SHOW
My cousin Ryan was the first to respond (even though he was the last one I sent the request to, just to keep things fair). Unfortunately, he only watches video game movies and/or flicks where dumb guys fight, so he could only send the five Jim Carry films he's seen.*

His list:
1. The Truman Show
2. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
3. Dumb and Dumber
4. Batman Forever
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas


To my chagrin, tyranist was next to respond . . . with the exact same situation. He claims to have only seen five Jim Carrey films also, and they are:
1. A Series of Unfortunate Events
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. The Truman Show
4. The Majestic
5. Batman Forever
I guess I'm not the only one who has a problem with SeƱor Carrey.

Corrupt Hollywood Lawyer Ian sent me:
1. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
2. The Truman Show
3. Bruce Almighty
4. Simon Birch
5. Peggy Sue Got Married


Something tells me he checked a filmography first.

Jeff the Psychotic Chemist sent this list to me (but it wasn't in any order and may also have just been a list of Carrey films he'd seen):
Once Bitten
The Truman Show
Mask
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Bruce Almighty
(though I never saw the whole thing)

Merrill sent me (which is surprisingly close to my list):
1. The Mask
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Liar, Liar
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. The Truman Show
Prison Guard Johnny sent me:
1. Liar Liar
2. Ace Ventura
3. Dumb and Dumber
4. Ace Ventura II
5. The Mask


"No Nickname" Rhett sent along:
1. The Majestic
2. Liar Liar
3. The Grinch
4. The Mask
5. The Truman Show

So, it appears our winners are:
1. THE TRUMAN SHOW
2. ETERNAL SUNSHINE
3. (tie) THE MASK/LIAR LIAR
5. DUMB & DUMBER


I do look forward to the bottom five, way more than I do to seeing YES MAN.

Rish

*I wonder if that means I need to use this list again next week.

No comments: