Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stupid Thing of the Week

So, there's a guy at work who has gotten on my nerves, almost from the beginning. The man is a gigantic oaf, with a squinty mongoloid face and about eighty teeth. But it's what comes out of his mouth that really gets to me.

I might not have given him a second glance if he didn't have the charming tendency of inferring that his other male coworkers are homosexuals. Sure, I used the word all the time when I was fourteen, but after living in L.A. and broadening my views, I cringe when I hear "faggot" tossed around like "dude" or "bro" or "man" or "funster."

And I am aware of the hypocrisy of using the word "fuck" the other day and yet criticising someone who uses "faggot." But, the real dealbreaker (you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means) was when I heard him say, "Are you cereal?" the other night. I cringed, because it's perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever heard (and I hear people say "irregardless" and "nucular" and "and "They give no shit"* all the time).

And I'm vaguely aware of it being used in an episode of "South Park," so I'd let it go, except that last night, I heard him say it two more times.
Overloud Moron: What time is it, bruh?
Other coworker: Almost five.
Overloud Moron: Are you cereal?

I have no words to describe how asinine that sounds, except, perhaps, to quote "South Park" myself.

"What the hell would you know you fat sweaty Mongoloid?!"

Thank you,

Rish "Are you serial?" Outfield

*Actually, "they give no shit" is a pretty cool saying. Can I take that one back?

No comments: