Friday, April 05, 2019

April Madness - Day 36 (4/5)

So, this was a Friday, the end of a week where I did almost no writing.  It's not that I didn't want to (okay, yesterday I didn't want to, but I had talked to Big who said that writing ten words in one day was better than writing zero, because it keeps training your mind that writing is one of the things you do every day, like eating, drinking, urinating, and in his case, farting), but I didn't carve out a time where writing was all I did.
Today, I went to the library and forced myself to sit down and start writing again.  I was worried about it, because I had written myself up to the point where Something Bad happens to Lara Demming (if you've read "Remember the Future," you know what that thing is), and I had little idea how to go about it.
So, I just jumped in.  I wasn't sure how horrifying to make it, so I just wrote it out, almost clinically, was only confusion on Lara's part.  Big loves to butcher innocents (in his writing, I mean), so I texted Big while it was happening, and he too was writing, during a slow stretch at work.  We bounced word count back and forth, which is pretty cool, and while I barely beat his word count for the day, he's definitely got me beat for the month.
But fiddle-dee-dee, tomorrow is another day.
Words Today: 1579
Words Total: 26,309




 

No comments: