Thursday, April 04, 2019

April Madness - Day 35 (4/4)

This has been a much worse week than the last one, but I haven't completely failed in my writing yet.  I say "yet," and mean it.

So, yesterday was a bit of a shit-show, as they say in church.  I won't go into it here (I think I'll talk about it in a podcast sometime), but my nephew ingested poison on my watch, and we took him to one hospital, then another when we discovered the hospital only a mile away is not covered by his parents' insurance. 

Today he was home and recovering, and while everyone was a little freaked out, I'm not sure if it helps to dwell on it.  He's a destructive child, willful and dangerous, but he's our President, and we owe him our respect.

Whoops, forgot the topic at hand.

I think I wrote today.  I'll have to check the notebook.  I can't remember.  Oh, oh yeah, I wrote this right before I went to sleep: Dude, I am so tired right now. Sleepy, I guess I mean. But I shouldn't go to sleep without writing. Can I?

After that, I forced myself to write a couple of lines for my "Delusions" sketch, then slept.  Better some than none, right?

Words Today: 213
Words Total: 24,730

No comments: