Friday, November 10, 2023

Legacy Progress - Day 11

I'm at the cabin, and my hands are cold (my feet were really cold yesterday, and I did that thing where I kept putting socks on the stove, then switching them out with the ones on my feet, but for some reason, it's my hands today), but I've accomplished a great deal with the time I've had today.  I have to leave extra early today--earlier than I've ever left before, because I need to trade vehicles with my cousin, and yesterday, the road to the cabin (at the end of the canyon) was closed, and they were turning traffic away, so I went all the way back up the canyon and back into town, and considered--seriously considered--just going home and trying to edit there.  But I ended up driving an hour out of my way, going way down south to another road that bypassed the canyon altogether, so I could get here and do my thing.  And it was very nearly dark, what with the time change this past Sunday and the extra hour of delay, so I didn't go do my run or check messages or anything, since I just didn't have the time.

I edited a couple of chapters, edited a podcast, recorded a podcast, ate, wrote a blogpost, started editing another podcast, and now ought to go stack wood for next week (I burned nearly all I had piled up two weeks ago, and if next week is the last time I come up here, I'd like there to be dry stacked wood just outside the door), but I had also thought about recording an Algernon Blackwood story today, and maybe watching a movie before leaving to meet my cousin (I have to swap vehicles with her for the "big" toy convention this weekend), but you know how it is--there's never enough time to finish everything on your to-do list . . . even when I discovered that, because I hadn't set the clock in the cabin back, there was an extra hour before I had to leave.

Sadly, I didn't get any editing done today on the book--just the chapter Marshal Latham edited for me.  Still counts.


At this point, the recording is 100% done (not including retakes), and the editing is 38% done.  I'll take it. 

No comments: