Sunday, April 23, 2023

Audiobook Update 4-23

I guess I finally hit that point where I can do no more for a while.  Too bad, I was making fairly good time (because I dragged my feet a bit in February, the work on the second half is much more time-pressured than the first).  The last chapter I recorded was fairly short, and I figured I could get it done in twenty minutes or less.  But as I narrated, I made more and more mistakes (and more and more after that), battling my own tongue and my own fatigue.  When I finally made it to the end, I looked at the time, and I'd been at it for more than forty minutes.  Not so good.

What's worse is, I've no doubt I'll have to re-record parts of it.  When I'm that tired, I don't realize when I mumble, or say the wrong word, or simply go silent in the middle of a sentence, and pick up again thirty seconds later.  It would've been better for me to have quit partway through and gone to sleep, then picked up again when I was feeling fresh.



No comments: