Friday, June 24, 2022

Rish Performs "Man-size In Marble" on Tales of Terror

You know me, right?  You know that, if somebody asked, I'd do a story reading for them for free, as long as they gave me time to get it done, of course.  But recently, Tales of Terror contacted me to perform "Man-size In Marble," a short story I'd never heard before.*  And when I looked it up, and found that it was written by Edith Nesbit, well, between you and me . . . I would've paid them to narrate it.

A year or so ago, I had no idea who E. Nesbit was.  And then I got to reading her short stories, and now, well, I'm so much a fan that I am considering putting out a collection of my readings of her stories, in case anybody's interested, even if it profits me nothing.  Because wow, these stories really, really speak to me.  The most recent one I recorded, "From the Dead," was so good and so accessible, that I was able to go from beginning to end, not ever having read it before, with a grand performance that's probably my best audio work (at least as short stories go).

Check it out HERE.

*Of course, the story they sent me was the wrong one, so I had to track down "Man-size In Marble" myself, so as to make their deadline.

No comments: