Wednesday, February 24, 2021

January Sweeps - Day 389


I realized today that, for twenty-four days in a row, I've been writing "January Sweeps" in my blog titles instead of February.  Don't go back and check--I fixed all but two.  Still, it makes me wonder what else I've been forgetting about.

Wait a minute, where are my pants?

Staying up super late last night may have been a mistake, as I felt both tired and unmotivated today.  

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In February: 2529

In editing the audio (more than half done now) of "A Sidekick's Errand," I've discovered that I say the word "writer" and "rider" exactly the same way, which is problematic in a story where there is a (lean) Rider and a writer of dime novels.  Darn.

Still, I don't know if it's worth sitting down tonight and re-recording every instance of "writer" so that it sounds like "lighter" or "biter" instead of "hider" or "cider," but I'm sure it would make for a clearer story to the listener.  I hate it when, in an audiobook, there are two names that sound the same, because you don't have the text in front of you to see if it's Matt's or Mad's bicycle.

Push-ups Today: 140
Push-ups In February: 2349

I haven't put out a Storage Unit Serenade song in a while.  The next one in the rotation was the first one where I actually did "coverage," meaning more than one take of the song with different angles (basically, I was out in a field in the mountains as the sun was setting and I did one part of the song facing west, one facing east, one facing north--then I thought I could edit them together into one "cool" video).  The file was so big that I crashed the editing program opening them, oh, say, three times, and I never wanted to wade through them (I hate the video editing, mostly because I'm not good at it, but also because my desktop is so archaic that everything takes five times longer than it should), and I kept putting it off.

Finally, I decided to get through it yesterday, and buckled myself in for however long it took.  Unfortunately, I discovered that I had done one part of the song three times, and one part of the song . . . zero times.  So, I have three options:

1. Edit the video so it's only part of the song (which is doable, but meh).
2. Skip this song and go on to the next video (really the most adult and efficient solution).
3.  Go somewhere, set up my phone, and record the missing bit of the song in winter, knowing that it won't match up with what I did in July, but hey, maybe it'll be cool anyway.

I really ought to just do the third one, and the next time I have free time (and ambition), run out to the park or something and record the missing bit of the song.  I did that already with "Electric Blue," but that was because I forgot the lyrics in March, and when I edited it in May, it was easy to look them up and do that bit the next time I hit the storage unit.

Oh, and when I first started this, I would record a song nearly every time I went to the storage unit.  Now, it's just about one time in ten.  Although, I did go to my mom's storage unit a town south one time (I did a Cyndi Lauper song there), and I could probably do that again and it would at least be a private, different-looking environment.

Okay, I'll do that for either the next song or for my April Fool's song, which I've already picked out.  

Words Today: 791
Words In February: 16,868

No comments: