Friday, January 03, 2020

A Flattering Discovery

So, I was on Instagram today, trying to find somebody's account like a silly teenager* when I made the titular discovery.  I don't know if you remember my tale "Rest Stop," about the guy whose dog runs out into the snow and he encounters . . . someone . . . while looking for the dog.

But in 2017, someone named Reuxben listened to my story on the Rish Outcast . . . and I guess it excited them enough to do some fan art for it.


But wow, they didn't stop there.  There were various sketches and works in progress on the guy's blog (could be a girl's too, I dunno).  This is his rough sketch:


I love that (hey, I love all of this) "Know me" is written under the title.  If I recall, the malevolent being out in the snow said that.

In this one, he seems to have painted the face of "The Hag" in the snow.  Reuxben called her "The Hag," but it makes me want to go back and call her that if I didn't.


Then, he added the hair, and some shading over the main character.


This is one of two finished products, with all the elements together.  This is my preferred version (and note that now it says, "No.  Stay."), which absolutely has to be dialogue from the story.


I have to say, it makes me feel great to discover this.  That a stranger liked something I created enough to create something I like that much.

Like Admiral Kirk said . . . "I feel young."


Rish Tiberius Outfield

*I swear, I'm getting less mature every day.  For example, yesterday I lost a snowball fight to a twelve year old.

No comments: