Monday, January 04, 2021

January Sweeps - Day 338

Not much progress today.  Mondays are busy work days for me, and I managed to get to the library as it was getting dark (which means nothing in January, I realize, so let me say around five o'clock or so).  I need to sit myself down and start working again on either the Will Choner story or the Lonely Outpost book, neither of which I have opened in a while (more than a month for the former, and two weeks for the latter).

I did write a little section there, but it wasn't a thousand words, so it might not count toward Big's daily goal.  That reminds me, I need to ask him if he's back to writing every day.  Seems like he would've said so, if he was.

I've mentioned this before (but after 337 days straight of blogging, I've mentioned it all, haven't I?), but I met a cool young lady in 2020 that has an identical twin.  I can't help myself: whenever I see her, I ask her about it.  Normal questions like: "Do you know if the other one has had a hard day or is in an accident?"  "Can you tell who is who in childhood pictures?" "Have you ever swapped places and gone by each other's name for a day?" and "If I stick you with a pin, will your sister feel it?"  Those types of questions.

About five years ago, I worked with two fraternal twins, one blonde and one brunette, both fun and attractive, neither one interested in me.  And in Los Angeles, I worked with a girl who was something called a Mirror Twin (I capitalized it because one of them had her heart on the WRONG SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).  But I had never been friendly with identical twins before.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that this girl would consider me a friend, but if she needed a kidney, I'd probably give her one.

As you know, Bob, I am completely fascinated by the idea of identical twins, and when I asked her, months ago, if she and her sister were identical and she said, "Not anymore," well, I couldn't wait to see her again to ask her how they used to be identical but are no longer so.*

Look, I understand that I am a creep.  Don't get me wrong.  Every day that I roam the streets freely is evidence that the Jedis' ability to use the Force and/or pee in a steady, controlled stream has diminished.  But I did tell her that one day I was going to write a book about twins, where one goes missing, or one forgets about the other one or something, and she seemed to think that was interesting.  

"Any questions, Danny?"

Today, I asked her "Have you ever had a dream and described it to your sister and she said, 'I had the same dream!'?"  And she said yes.  I thought that was fascinating, and I asked her how often she will text or call her twin and her sister has called or texted her at the same time.  She said she didn't know, which doesn't help this blogpost any.

And I said, "I'm sorry, I know people have to bug you with twin questions like this all the time," and she said, "No, nobody does.  Just you."

Hmmm.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In January: 453

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In January: 345

Dude, she had her heart on the wrong side.

Words Today: 847
Words In January: 2457

*Apparently, once her sister got married and was no longer living with her, their diets, exercise routines, and number of fingers changed.  They stopped wearing their hair the same length, got different amounts of sun, and the lines around their eyes became different.  She said her sister is skinnier, has more pronounced cheekbones, and is slightly more evil than she is. 

No comments: