Sunday, October 15, 2017

Rish's Voice on "Campfire Radio Theater"

Theatre, is it?

So, I was fortunate enough to lend my voice to another of John Ballentine's impressive audio dramas over at "Campfire Radio Theater."  This one was called "Death and Alchemy," adapted by a short story by the bearded Patrick Moody.

This one be just as delightful as the others I've participated in, which is a zombie plague tale set in Victorian London.  I am always impressed by the soundscape and am often surprised by the emotional resonance these guys wrest from the audio drama format.  Check it out at THIS LINK!

IMG_3250.jpg

John asked me if I could play a cranky old Scottish man, and I smiled big, thinking of my omnipresent imaginary friend and podcast partner.  Unfortunately, once I thought of it, it became difficult NOT to sound like Connery, try as I might.

Oh, John told me that I was the only voice actor in this production not from the UK, and that made me smile.  He also told me I was the only voice actor in this production who would die alone and unmourned.  And soon.

Kind of mean, in retrospect, that John Ballentine.

No comments: