Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Top Five Steve Martin Movies

So, Steve Martin's got a sequel out to his PINK PANTHER remake this week. My niece was over the other day, and had turned on the 2006 film . . . and I had forgotten how awful it was. I fully expect the sequel to be awful too.
But rather than focusing on the negative, I thought I'd look back at Steve Martin's brightest moments. I asked people for their favourite five Martin films, and I think it was an easier question to answer, since I got more responses the first day than I did on the last one total.

My picks would be:
1. PLANES TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES
2. L.A. STORY
3. DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
4. THE JERK
5. ALL OF ME


My evil cousin Ryan responded first. He, apparently, has only seen five Steve Martin films, so his list was:
Three Amigos!
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Father of the Bride
The Muppet Movie
Father of the Bride 2


Tyranist responded next, with:
1. L.A. Story
2. The Muppet Movie
3. Little Shop of Horrors
4. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
5. My Blue Heaven


Wow, two mentions of MUPPET MOVIE. Maybe I should check that out again.

Merrill sent me:
1 Planes, Trains & Automobiles
2 Little Shop Of Horrors
3 Parenthood
4 Father Of The Bride
5 Cheaper By The Dozen


Prison Guard Johnny gave me:
1. Three Amigos
2. Planes Trains and Automobiles
3. The Jerk
4. Father of the Bride
5. Bowfinger


And Saur Patch Brian sent me:
1. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
2. The Muppet Movie
3. The Jerk
4. Planes Trains and Automobiles
5, (tie)My Blue Heaven/Roxanne


The day after I finally posted this list (which was so late, President Obama's second term is about to begin), Jeff the Chemist sent me his list. He also has only seen a handful of Steve Martin movies. Weird.
1-Planes Trains & Automobiles
2-The Jerk
3-LA Story
4-Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
I've been slow in compiling the results, but they appear to be:
1. PLANES, TRAINS, AUTOMOBILES
2. THE JERK
3. (tie) THE MUPPET MOVIE/L.A. STORY
5. THREE AMIGOS


Not bad. I ought to do this more often.

Rish

No comments: