Saturday, September 13, 2008

Babysitter of the Year

It's not a secret that I'm no good with children and I detest babies, but I do tend to get along with my sisters' kids. I think I've talked about by niece from time to time (and truly, while talking "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" with tyranist was nice, talking about it with a seven year old was great), but I babysat my sister's kid yesterday (and briefly today), and that boy is unbelievably well-behaved and cool. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but the kid is literally always happy. He only needs a toy or a bit of food or someone to talk to him and he smiles pretty much constantly. He enjoys looking at the fish in my aquarium, so I hold him near it each time he comes to visit.

But I've got a confession to make. At one point yesterday, I just propped him up in his carseat in front of the fishtank, while I went off and did my own thing. I came back and checked on him after an hour, and he was happily watching the fish swim around, so I just left him there.He really is a great kid, and he deserves better.

Heck, Hitler and Eva Braun's kid probably deserve better than me, but I digress.

Rish

No comments: