Wednesday, June 11, 2008

M. Night Top Five

So, THE HAPPENING opens this weekend (possibly last weekend by the time I get this posted*), and I don't know if I'll rush out and see it, or wait for reviews, or not see it at all. But in honour of that opening, I asked the usual suspects to give me their Top Five M. Night Shyamalan movies. My list is easy, since I've only seen five (but all in the theatre):
1. THE SIXTH SENSE
2. SIGNS
3. UNBREAKABLE
4. THE VILLAGE
5. LADY IN THE WATER


Cousin Ryan was the first to respond, but his list was easier than most:
1. The Sixth Sense was the only...I mean, the best one I've seen.
Tyranist gave me this rather-unpredictable list:
1. Unbreakable
2. The Sixth Sense
3. Lady in the Water
4. The Village
5. Signs

Jeff the Sex Doctor sent me his:
1 - 6th Sense
2 - Unbreakable
3 - Signs


He also said, "I thought Signs was pretty bad... and then all indications were that Village was bad, and that Lady was even worse, so I saved myself $50-$60 (tix plus snacks)."Then Merrill the Village Idiot sent me this--very familiar--list:
1. sixth sense
2. unbreakable
3. signs


He also said, "That's all I've seen of shamalamadingdong's movies, so I'll stop there."

Prison Guard Johnny sent off:
1. Signs (2002)
2. The Sixth Sense (1999)
3. The Village (2004)
4. Unbreakable (2000)
5. Lady In the Water (2006)
He included this comment, "I wish now that I had seen Wide Awake. It may have ranked higher than Lady in the Water."

My buddy Rhett simply amazed me when he sent me this list:
1. The Lady In The Water
2. The Village
3. Signs
4. The Sixth Sense
5. Unbreakable

He's apparently such a fan he's tried to track down a copy of PRAYING WITH ANGER.

Lastly, Beta Ray Charles sent me his list, having only seen four:
1. Unbreakable
2. The Sixth Sense
3. Signs
4. The Village


And that's pretty much that. Our winners are:
1. THE SIXTH SENSE
2. UNBREAKABLE
3. SIGNS
4. THE VILLAGE
5. LADY IN THE WATER


No telling whether THE HAPPENING would affect any of these lists, but starring both John Leguizamo and Marky Mark, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make mine.

Rish Night Outfield

*Not really an exaggeration; I had a Top Five Adam Sandler Movies list in mind for last week's opening of DON'T FRIG WITH THE ZOHAN, and that one came and went before I even sent it out.

1 comment:

ryanlb said...

Wait, Marky Mark? Who's that?
;)