Thursday, November 29, 2007

Stupid Thing of the Week

Merrill and I watched BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: RAZOR on the Sci-Fi Channel the other night. It was the TV movie that's supposed to make it okay that the show isn't coming back until April of '08. But as they went to commercial, they had these really strange, often perplexing bits of narration, supposedly answering questions that had been posed in some sort of online contest.

I wish I could express to you the surreal and offensive moment when the announcer voice came on and announced, "It has been revealed: Helena Kane and Gina Inviere are LOVERS. Brought to you be Quiznos. Mmmm, mmmm, mmm, mmm, mmmm . . . toasty."

I shit you not one little bit.

I was reeling afterward and Merrill had to rewind it a time or three to make sure we hadn't both had a brain aneurysm at the same time. I'm thinking I ought to come up with something stronger than just a Stupid Thing of the Week in the future, since STOTW just doesn't do this one justice.

Rish "Mmmm" Outfield

No comments: