Friday, November 23, 2007

Stupid Thing of the Week

Here's a stupid thing... I haven't listed a Stupid Thing of the Week in months.

It may be because everything I do and say is so stupid it doesn't really stand out from the rest of things.

No wait, I thought of one.

I was helping my mom--or trying, anyway--to get everything ready for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and at one point she asked me to go out and move her car from her driveway.

"Why?" I asked.

So that people could park there.

I said, "Why should you move your car? It's your house? They should move their cars." She said, "Fine, I'll ask someone else to do it." And walked away.

Suddenly, I was fourteen years old again. The rage nearly overwhelmed me and, like I was fourteen, I slammed the door and seethed. It was probably an hour before I was back to, well, "normal."

You know, I don't think I'll even publish this one. It's just too unpleasant.

(I didn't publish this one. Not for a couple of months. Mostly because it hardly paints me in a positive light and frankly, I'm embarrassed about stuff like this. But then I thought, "Hey, this blog is all about me and the stupid things I do. If I can talk about performing home abortions in church parking lots, I should be able to admit to losing my temper around my mother." So, here's the post. Sorry about it.)

No comments: