Monday, February 06, 2023

Cover Art Update

Big has been sickeningly productive as far as publishing and creating cover art for his book and stories lately.  So I keep bugging him to make some for me.  Somehow, he is able to make things look better than I can, having an innate sense of where things should be in the frame and how large to make the text.


He told me he'd downloaded dozens (or hundreds) of fonts, which is interesting.  Only Big could mention that to a girl in a bar and have her say, "Really?  Why don't you take me back to your place and show me some of those fonts?"


I'm not sure how long it takes him to do each one--surely less than it takes me to decide what I want for the cover, go searching for an image, and finally deciding on the one that's closest to what I'd envisioned in my head.


Some of these are older, but I may not have posted them before.

But even if I have, hey, it didn't cost you nothing.


Not to be outdone, I created a cover for him too:



1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

Many of those covers I don't like anymore. I'd like to re-do a few. I think I've learned a few things since then about what looks good and what doesn't. "Roll with the Changes" I'd like to re-do."Underdecorated" and "Made Just for You" I'd like a second shot at. Even the one that I just barely did, "The Bad Man in Room 2" I feel would look better with a different font. I tried to match the font that I'd used in older Dead and Breakfast stories, but I think that font is too busy. I'd trade it for something else if I could.