Saturday, January 29, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 728


Okay, dumb me at the library again, setting a goal of 500 words before it closes.  Of course, I'll look something up on the net at some point, and that'll be all she wrote, but let's see me try, just for laughs.

Well, I did alright, picking up the story where I left it, and writing a scene in the story almost 100% ripped off from a 1981 Stephen King novella.  Of course, I consider it a homage myself.  Heh.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 2916

I recently joined a couple of Facebook groups of toy collectors, who mostly post pictures of their lucky finds or figures they find with their heads torn off because of f**king idiots on TikTok.  But one of them, who lived about thirty-five minutes away, posted that he would be having a garage sale on Saturday, and I asked my nephew (now 14) if he would go with me, assuming he'd say yes.

He said, "Nahh."

Well, this hurt my feelings for some reason, so I told him, "Hey, it's only from 10-12, so you wouldn't have to spend the whole day or anything."

He said, "I don't think so."

I said, "And after, we could go to Del Taco or something, and have--"

He said, "No thanks."

Well, I didn't get it, and so I tried one more time.  "It would mean a lot to me if you would go," I said, hoping he would change his mind.

So, that was that.  I would end up going alone.  But as a last ditch effort, I sent a text to my cousin, mentioning the yard sale (I had told him a couple of days before, in case he was interested).  I said, "I would really like you to come with me," even though I knew it wouldn't make any difference.

And to my surprise, he texted back and said, "What time do you want me to come up?"

Well, this was kind of like going into a bar and right as you're about to order, a dude shouts, "I just got engaged, this next round's on me!"  Or something, I'm not very good at metaphors.

Anyway, I ended up spending $220 at the garage sale, plus another five or six at Del Taco, so hey, not a bad morning drive.  Thanks, man.

Push-ups Today: 170
Push-ups In January: 3140

Words Today: 935
Words In January: 19,374

No comments: