Monday, January 17, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 716

Today was a holiday, and I made the best of it, sitting around editing podcasts until nearly noon, and not going outside until two in the afternoon.  I did so little work, 

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 1722

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In January: 1578

At night, I just didn't feel like tackling the second-to-last chapter of "Hatchling" (it's over six thousand words long, and I wrote myself a note in 2021 to split it into two "somewhere"), and since I haven't got any of my own stories on the pipeline for the Outcast, I grabbed one I wrote late last year called "Walk of Death."  I didn't really remember much about it, except that I was inspired to write it by listening to Marshal Latham's "Walk of Life" podcasts.

And it wasn't very good.  It was a short story of about three thousand words, and it still took over an hour to record the whole thing (made worse when I started to fall asleep halfway through).  I actually got up in the middle and did my push-ups and sit-ups as a "nice break" from the recording.  But hey, as bad as the story is, it's going to be on my podcast, and soon.  You'll be able to judge for yourself.

Words Today: 229 (this can't be right, can it?)
Words In January: 9706

1 comment:

Journey Into... said...

"Walk of Death." I like it!