Thursday, January 06, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 705

I didn't have any time at the library today.  It seemed like hubris just to come here.  But I put my head down, didn't use the internet, and for a half hour wrote as hard as I could.  Makes me think people are capable of quite a lot, if they have to be.*

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 600

I can't really remember why, but I got it into my head to watch ADAPTATION (the Nicolas Cage movie where he plays Charlie Kaufman and his non-existent twin, who got nominated for an Oscar) last night.  It was a half-hour before midnight or so, and I started it, and a few minutes into it, the movie just stopped.  I tried to continue, and there was no option for that.  So I figured I'd start it over from the beginning . . . except it was gone from the streaming service.  Turned out the streaming rights had expired at midnight, when I happened to be watching it, which I find strange, but ah well.  

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In January: 581

Words Today: 776
Words In January: 3253

*I saw that there's a writing contest going on, where all the participants are given a genre, a topic, and some kind of element, then have three days to write a story about it.  The winners the judges pick move on to the next round, where there's a new subject, genre, and element, and they have two days to write that story.  The next round is one day (and the story is shorter every time).  It sounds pretty fascinating.

No comments: