Saturday, April 26, 2008

Top Five Marvel Movies

26 April 2008

So, IRON MAN is opening next week, and in preparation for that, I asked the gang to give me their Top Five Marvel Movies (or Movies Based On Marvel Comics Properties, if you must be precise). I thought I'd provide a list to help people jog their memories, but wikipedia didn't include the animated films or the "Incredible Hulk" TV movies. They also didn't include the awful "Spider-man: The Deadly Dust" TV film, but I found out that was actually just two episodes of the (again, awful) TV series edited together.

I wonder if, next month, when I do DC Comics movies, if I shouldn't just let people list whatever they want.

Anyway, my list would have to look something like this:
1. SPIDER-MAN 2
2. X-MEN 2: X-MEN UNITED
3. X-MEN
4. X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
5. SPIDER-MAN


You know, it's weird. I probably had less complaints about BLADE and BLADE II, since I didn't have any knowledge or affection for those characters, than I did for the X-MEN or SPIDEY films, but I recognise that they're maybe not as good of films.

Tyranist answered quickly, providing:
1 - Spider-Man 2
2 - X-Men
3 - The Punisher (2004)
4 - Blade II
5 - X-Men 2


Big time lawyer Ian was next to answer, with:
1. Spiderman 2
2. Spiderman
3. X2
4. Spiderman 3
5. Hulk


Here was Merrill's list (and comments):
1. X2: X-Men United (I have a friend who says this one is too convoluted, but all I can say is that he is wrong. This is not just the best Marvel movie, but the best superhero movie ever)
2. Spider-man 2
3. X-Men
4. Spider-man
5. X-Men: The Last Stand
(There should be other properties on this list. Does this give me away as an X-Men fan? Oh well, I just couldn't justify putting Electra or FF2 or Hulk on here, though they were the closest contenders, and maybe Spider-man 3. I'm hoping that Iron Man is good enough to make this list next time we make it.)
Cousin Ryan gave me:
5 X-Men
4 Spiderman
3 Electra
2 X3
1 X2


Beta Ray Charles, the biggest comics fan I know, sent me his list:
5. X3: The Last Stand
4. Spider-Man 3
3. X2: X-Men United
2. Spider-Man
1. Spider-Man 2


Once again, his entries are startlingly similar to mine.
When Jeff the Chemist sent in his list, he said that they were in no order. So I had to decide if I'd stick them in alphabetically or how he had listed them, or just arrange them in order of my own preference. Ultimately, I just copied the list here as he wrote it, whether he intended it or not.

Jeff's Top 5 in no order:
Spiderman 1
Xmen 1
Blade
X2
Spiderman 2


Prison Guard Johnny was last to answer, giving me the following:
1. Spiderman
2. X-Men
3. Electra
4. Spiderman 2
5. Ghost Rider


So, unless my math is terribly, terribly wrong, our Top Five winners are:
1. SPIDER-MAN 2
2. SPIDER-MAN
3. X-MEN
4. X-MEN 2
5. (tie) X-MEN 3/ELEKTRA


ELEKTRA? Maybe my math was wrong.

Rish "Well Known Secret Identity" Outfield

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Iron Man
2. Blade
3. Spider-Man 2
4. The Incredible Hulk (Ed Norton)
5. X-men 2/The Punisher (2004)