I recently mentioned that my friend Abigail Hilton has uploaded her novel "Hunters Unlucky" to YouTube, it being the first book I narrated for her years ago. Well, the reason she did that was to hopefully gain some new fans and to generate interest in her forthcoming novel "Thrive," which she has launched a Kickstarter* to earn funding for.
Basically, Abbie was tired of paying for the audiobook versions of these books herself, knowing it might take years to recoup her investment (years . . . or never), and has decided to make YOU pay for them. "Thrive" is already written (and indeed, I've already narrated the first section of it), and this is a fundraiser for the digital version of the book, potential physical copies of the book, and yes, a potential audio version, depending on which tiers it reaches.
She's promised to write an extra story that the backers can vote for the subject on, and will probably enlist me to voice sketches, stories (if they take place in the worlds I narrate for her), and bonus material. She always produces good work, and you can help her reach her goals RIGHT HERE.
*Recently, Big reminded me that the two of us were considering doing a Kickstarter for a story anthology produced by the Dunesteef, hoping we'd earn enough money to pay a couple of our favorite writers to contribute something to. I had no memory of that (well, very little memory anyway), but we never went through with it because it seemed like a huge amount of work for (potentially) very little reward. And listening to all Abbie has had to do (and think of) to get her project off the ground makes me wonder if we would have even survived it had we tried.


No comments:
Post a Comment