Saturday, July 25, 2026

You Sweet Summer Child

There was a toy sale the other day, and I somehow convinced my nephew to come with me and help me set up and watch the booth*, which was a major coup for me.  We traded off watching the booth and looking at what other vendors had, and to my nephew's surprise, he probably sold seven to nine items, making it well worth his while.

One of the times it was my turn to watch the booth, he went off to look, and came back with a purchase from somebody down the way.

"What did you get?" I asked him.

He had a Star Wars Black Series figure in his hand, and said, "It was only five dollars.  I didn't even look it up, I just grabbed it!"

"What is it?" I asked again.

He held it up so I could see.  It was Jar Jar Binks.

"I don't know who this guy is," my nephew said, "but he's so cool, I just had to get him."

"Huh," I said, and still say.




*It's terrible to go to one of these things and not be able to sneak away and see what other vendors have, or worse, have to ask a stranger to watch my booth while I run to the bathroom.  I've done it before, and while it's embarrassing, I usually find a couple of friendly folks who are happy to help.

No comments: