Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Don't Know Why/There's No Sun Up In The Sky

One of my favorite stories that I've written over the years was this little thing called "Stormy Weather," about a blizzard in a small town and the mayor who tries to keep everyone safe.  It's one that turned out just as good in my hands as it seemed in my head, and I'm 95% happy with it.*

Anyhoo, this was the cover art that it had been saddled with for these past years:


And it's not bad, at least as far as my self-made covers go, though it is square instead of rectangular (but I didn't know, in those days [though I should have, since it was 2015 when I published it] that they had to be rectangular).

So, cut to 2024, when we're upgrading the covers for stories (and yeah, a couple of them are "upgrades" simply to make them all uniform), and this was one that I thought could be made more indicative of what the story was about.

But I had a computer create some art for me of a huge snow-covered turn-of-the-century house . . . then a separate image of a wrought-iron fence, but A.I. could not create both for me**


Which do you prefer?

Of course, you can go to THIS LINK and buy a copy, or also find out which version I decided to go with.


*I always wanted to expand it, add and develop a couple of characters, and put in the scene with the car stuck in the snow that I started to write then got rid of.  And who knows, maybe doubling its length that would ruin it.

**It also could not make it look like it was snowing, or in a blizzard, or in windy sleet.  But when I simply typed "Snowy sky," it could create that no problem.  It's not quiiiiiite ready to take over the world just yet.

No comments: