Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Swift As A Coursing River

The other day, I mentioned Taylor Swift on here (talking about a song of hers I listened to and liked), and decided to make a searchable keyword for her, since I knew I'd referred to her before.*  I then thought I would check to see what other posts (in the past) I had mentioned her in, so I could add the keyword to those posts.

An hour later, I was still at it.  You see, there were dozens of references to Ms. Swift over the years, starting in 2009, which according to my math, is over five years ago.  And instead of writing--or doing anything productive--I read through those posts to determine whether they merited a "Taylor Swift" tag or not.

Taylor Swift is important to me.  Enough to waste all that time, apparently.

Oh my lord, I just realized that I've now wasted even more time blogging about it.  I really, really didn't want to write, did I?


*WHY doesn't Lara Demming like Taylor Swift?  Is it something as basic as not liking the pitch of her voice (I recall my mom saying that about Taylor Dayne, back in the day.  And Big Anklevich had that with Tina Turner.  I feel that way about Billy Corgan, Alanis Morrisette [nails on a chalkboard, children], or the dude who sings with Rush)?  Does she dislike her because of all the attention she gets--one of those "I don't like anything everybody else likes" kind of stands?  Or is it that something about Swift reminds Lara of her dead sister Emma . . . and that makes her feel guilty because she was so jealous/disdainful of Emma, and now Emma's gone?  Hmmm.

No comments: