Tuesday, January 23, 2024

2024 Goals List

I need to post my goals/New Year's Resolutions much more regularly, because every time I do, I am reminded of where I'm falling short.  So here are the (admittedly-few) goals I set for this new year.*

1.  Exercise 222 Days
I'm well on my way.  By my math, I only have to exercise nineteen days each month to reach my goal, and I averaged 20 days a month last year, so it's fine.

2.  Put out 5th audio collection
To my surprise, Gino Moretto heard about my plight and created a provisional cover for it.  Since I'll never, ever do anything with it, I simply don't deserve a friend like that.

3.  Release "Balms & Sears" novel

4.  Clear out my room . . . a bit
I managed one box, then stopped.  But hey, I bought three more storage containers, and one day, I will fill them.

5.  Finish "Melancholy Christmas Night" story
As of January 18th, Melancholy is at 9010 words.   While that's not any great accomplishment (Big's last novel was nine times that), if I reach "The End," I'll feel pretty good, especially considering I was supposed to finish it in December.

6.  Write "Sins of a Sidekick" novella

7.  Write 10 stories (and finish them)

8.  Put out 10 episodes of The Podcast That Dares Not Speak Its Name
I got one so far.

9.  Sell Trypticon

10.  Avoid retail price, wait for clearance

11.  Do 3 things that scare me


*Episode 269 of the Rish Outcast goes into these in much greater detail.


No comments: