Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Best Day o' the Year

I deeply love Halloween.  I met this girl, Paola, who claims to love "spooky season" more than anybody, and I thought I'd wish her a happy October 31st . . . but she treats Halloween as so holy, she took the day off.  Touché.

I recently bought another Sean Connery mask to replace the one I lost somewhere.  Unfortunately, it's a Connery-circa-1983 mask, but hey, I'll still use it.  I grabbed it last night to record a Halloween greeting, having forgotten to do so over the past week (I even considered doing it up at the cabin, and was disappointed I hadn't brought it when some cool fog rolled in last week).  I also thought about driving to the cemetery, but instead, just did it outside the storage unit where I keep the mask, since no one was around to interrupt, mock, or attack me.

I decided to do the "Rap" bit from the end of Michael Jackson's Thriller, having known the words for forty years now (what I wouldn't give to hear a recording of little kid Rish Outfield saying, "Darkness falls across the land...").  I rehearsed it once, trying to make sure I got the words right, did the accent, and didn't trip over myself since I can't really see out the eyeholes.

Then it was time to record it.  I went through the whole song with no errors.

And then, at the last possible second (during the laugh), I screwed it up.

Figured I'd share that here.




No comments: