Sunday, June 10, 2018

I Perform "Water in the Desert" by Abigail Hilton

Sometimes I feel like one of those actors who were blacklisted during the McCarthy era, once riding promising careers, now professionally untouchable.  But Abigail Hilton is like Kirk Douglas to my Dalton Trumbo., keeping food on my table till this administration gets replaced.  Hopefully, like Douglas, she also lives to be a hundred and two.

The most recently-published Hilton piece I have narrated is called "Water in the Desert."


Set in the same universe as "Hunters Unlucky," WIND takes place seven years later, with the characters of Sauny and Valla now grown and having an adventure on their own.  Because I had voiced those characters as children, I pretty much got to come up with new voices for everyone in this story, which is fun.

Hopefully, the story (and my reading) is fun too.

Check it out, if you're of a mind to.  Here's the link, over on Audible.

No comments: