Sunday, November 05, 2017

More To Come

I haven't posted much here lately, except for my Outcast episodes (which ain't nothin', I freely boast).

But I have recorded a couple of stories for other podcasts (including a sequel to the story I get the most compliments about, so there's that), Abbie tells me she's almost ready to send me stuff to record, and I'm on the edge of actually publishing another novella (there are some just sitting, farting around on my hard drive, helping nobody).

The blame is twofold: 1) Obviously, my lack of ambition.  To me, actually WRITING something is quite an achievement, and years of amateur storytelling has left me without a burning need to share it with anyone.  I feel good when I finish something (even if it's not very good), and that was the goal.

And 2) the bots-damn cover art once again stymies me.  I have ideas in my head and no way to implement them, and whatever I create always looks like what it is: somebody who doesn't know what he's doing putting out the absolute minimum of effort to get it out there.

I wish I could just create cover art like this:


I wonder what would happen if I just put out eight or ten stories with covers like that and, one day in the future, swapped them out with better art.  At least they would be published, which is a start.

Anyway, I do have several Outcast episodes on the schedule, a finished Dunesteef in the Dropbox, and another That Gets My Goat we just recorded.  So, stay tuned.  Like the man said, there is more to come.

No comments: